Saturday, April 5, 2008

I love Geeky Chicks

Ok. I couldn't find anything from the news to complain about, so I thought I'd write about something I love. I was having a discussion today about geeks on telly, and it got me to thinking how much more I love a show if there is a geeky girl on it.

To start, there is Chloe O'Brien from 24.

There's little not to love about Chloe. She's loyal, smarter than God, and cute. Sure, she has the facial expressions of a goldfish on speed, but she really can pull an episode together.

And the only other one I could think of was Penelope Garcia from CBS Criminal Minds. I adore this woman. She reminds me of Jenna Elfman's Dharma from the comedy Dharma and Greg except that she seriously knows her way around a computer, or a hundred. She's chirpy, funny, funky and dammit, she has curves! More women on telly need curves and attitude.

But mostly, I conclude more shows need she-geeks. I propose a new she-geek for CSI Vegas and for Law and Order SVU. After Olivia Benson's stint in computer crimes (season 7), maybe she can bring in a friend she met there.

No comments: